It’s been another action-packed month for both networks: Moonbeam went to ETH Denver, the Community Forum ramped up with Moonriver Rise, and the staking DApp got a refresh. Let’s dive in.
🔮 How Will the Next Ecosystem Grants Be Allocated? You Decide!
Have a ~*vision*~ for how this next tranche of Ecosystem Grants will unfold? Put it to good use during next week’s snapshot vote, where you’ll be able to show support for grant proposals using GLMR or MOVR and spread your voting power across any number of choices, from one to all. We’ll be kicking off the week with a new Community Voice event that recaps the program. Several DeFi experts will be on hand to weigh in. 🗓️ Tune in on Monday at 15:00 UTC.
📢 Top News
- This year’s ETHDenver show was one for the books — and livelier than ever. Swappy took the top Moonbeam prize at the hackathon, seven ecosystem teams showed their stuff at the Moonbeam booth, and contributors from the team gave several talks and workshops throughout the week. Check out our recap.
- Moonriver Rise highlighted the Moonbeam Community Forum. New community members joined the forum party by racking up badges for a chance to win free pizza!
- Moonbeam DApp gets an update. This makeover also brings additional features like easy-to-navigate sections, a visible workflow for cross-chain transfers, and improved staking & governance displays. 🕶 Also available in dark mode.
- StakingRewards published a deep-dive into Moonbeam’s journey from inception to connected contracts.
- NFT-iverse? Join the next Moonbeam Universe discussion on the Post-Mint Reality: Real World NFT Use Cases (it’s coming up fast… March 16th)! If you missed it, you can also catch last month’s roundtable discussion on Cross-Chain DeFi.
- ⛵ Sail away on a DeFi Voyage. A new ecosystem initiative brings DeFi-themed challenges to the community through a Galxe NFT campaign. Pop over to Downtown Moonbeam to check out the available activities across different DApps including StellaSwap, DAM Finance, Prime Protocol, Moonwell, and Squid.
🌐 Ecosystem Spotlight
The Moonbeam and Moonriver ecosystem continues to grow with 300+ live integrations in the Moonbeam and Moonriver networks! Let’s take a look at recent updates
AttariusN is now live on Moonbeam and Moonriver. As a decentralized solution for game devs & players, users can leverage Attarius’ NFT API functionality for easier integrations & game creation.
Automata introduced Carrier, a new token and NFT bridge for Web3 natives.
Braindex Aggregator is a liquidity and dex aggregator on Moonbeam and Moonriver.
DAM Finance’s multi-chain infrastructure allows users to teleport and mint the d20 stablecoin via dReservoir on Moonbeam. DAM serves as a global shared liquidity layer between Polkadot and Ethereum.
De.Fi (formerly DeFiYield) is live, bringing asset tracking, DeFi yield aggregation, and a security toolkit to users on Moonbeam.
Moonbeam Multisig (Gnosis Safe) received an upgrade from the Protofire team with new features including Safe App.
PrivaDEX, the x-chain DEX aggregator, integrated with Moonbeam leveraging composability between StellaSwap, Beamswapio, & Arthswap to support more efficient token swaps on the network.
Qoda Protocol loan markets are live on Moonriver, bringing a new DeFi lending/borrowing protocol to the network. Check out their talk from Illuminate/22 to learn more about their orderbook-based money markets.
Request Finance integrated with Moonbeam, adding support for crypto payments for payroll, expenses, and invoices.
Let’s celebrate the outstanding contributions and talent from our ambassador community.
Ambassador of the Month: NIKKKK
“I’ve been with Moonbeam since the beginning. I remember how happy I was after receiving the ambassador role, cuz it was my first experience. Moonbeam opened the door for me to web3 and I started my ambassador journey in Dotsama.
I’m very happy to be a part of the German community and it’s a big honor to lead our German telegram group with more than 200 members. It’s relatively big compared to other projects, so I’m happy to lead it.
Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable. I really don’t think life is about the I-could-have-beens. Life is only about the I-tried-to-do. I don’t mind the failure but I can’t imagine that I’d forgive myself if I didn’t try.
That’s why I recommend the following:
Join the Moonbeam Ambassador program and build the multi-chain future with us! → Apply to be an ambassador!
📅 Highlighted Events
March 16: The Post-Mint Reality: Real World NFT Use Cases
In this revamped session of Moonbeam Universe on March 16th, ecosystem team members will host a lively discussion on the impact of cross-chain technology on the NFT space. Topics include NFT gaming, real-world use cases, cross-chain NFTs, and the evolution of composable and collaborative NFTs! Register for the session.
March 20: Ecosystem Grant Program (& Snapshot Vote!)
In the latest Community Voice, the Moonbeam Foundation will give a quick overview of the Moonbeam grants program & upcoming Snapshot Vote before handing it over to some DeFi experts for a roundtable discussion. Join the virtual event to find out how community members can weigh in on the latest grant proposals — or even just to learn a thing or two on different DeFi strategies from community members around the globe. Sign up for the session here.
While you’re diving into governance, check out this new tutorial that walks you through how to vote on Snapshot proposals on Moonbeam and Moonriver.