It’s been a busy October with a plethora of exciting updates; new ecosystem projects, XCM integrations, and community-driven treasury and grants programs have arrived at Moonbeam! Let’s dive into the details.
📢 Top News
After a busy discussion and voting period, the Moonbeam community has approved two Level 3 Grants ecosystem proposals by StellaSwap and Moonwell, respectively, as part of the Moonbeam Foundation Grants Program. The start of the incentive programs also introduces Moonbeam Ignite, a campaign designed by the Moonbeam DeFi ecosystem to fuel up the activity of the Moonbeam network.
We are thrilled to announce the Moonbeam conference of the year, Illuminate/22. Illuminate is a 2-days online conference that celebrates an active ecosystem of projects building multi-chain applications. Learn from Web3 industry experts, build alongside top developers in the space, and connect with a broader global community. Register Now!
Governance Updates: Community Drive Interim Treasury and Grant Programs Have Started
Governance in Moonbeam is a way for GLMR and MOVR token holders to be actively involved in critical decisions of the Moonbeam and Moonriver networks.
Recently, the Moonbeam community proposed and voted in favor of two programs to involve the community in key decisions regarding how ecosystem grants and treasury funds are distributed.
- The now-executed Interim Grant Program proposed a new community-driven process to issue grants to ecosystem projects.
- The Interim Treasury Program introduces new opportunities for community involvement and input in the allocation of Moonbeam Treasury funds on a go-forward basis. The Moonbeam community and ecosystem can now get started in the program by submitting a draft proposal in the governance section of the Moonbeam Community Forum.
Moonbeam continues to strive for the best in class developer UX, now with an XCM software created by Moonbeam, XCM SDK. The SDK allows builders to easily create transactions that deposit and withdraw assets to Moonbeam or Moonriver from the Relay Chain and other parachains in the Polkadot or Kusama ecosystem, providing a smoother, more efficient user experience.
🌐 Ecosystem Spotlight
The Moonbeam and Moonriver ecosystem continues to grow with over 290+ live integrations in the Moonbeam and Moonriver networks! Let’s take a look at recent updates
Moonbeam developers can now access Hyperlane through connected contracts to send secure messages between chains. This integration enables dApp builders to construct better all-in-one applications that securely communicate across many blockchains.
Boba’s Layer-2 platform allows devs to experience transactions on the Polkadot ecosystem to be faster and more efficiently. The new Boba-Moonbeam-enabled environment is called BobaBeam. BobaBeam will host Firefly, a Moonbeam-native derivatives DEX. Firefly chose to launch on the BobaBeam Layer-2 network to secure its scalability needs due to the large demand for block space and transaction throughput of such a platform.
More New Integrations in the Ecosystem:
- Zircon Gamma, a Defi platform enabling single token swaps and yield farming, has joined the ecosystem. Use Zircon to swap crypto and provide liquidity to their pools with just one token!
- BitQuery, a blockchain data API, has released a GraphQL API, enabling access to bock production, transactions, transfers, SmartContractCells, and SmartContractEvents.
- GetBlock, a blockchain node infrastructure platform, has integrated with Moonbeam enabling Moonbeam nodes to be accessed and used from GetBlock.
- Readl, a new Web3 publishing platform, has recently deployed on Moonriver making books more accessible and affordable! Check out their latest books
- Ren, an open protocol that enables the movement of value between blockchains has now integrated with Moonbeam, enabling all assets within the Ren ecosystem to be bridged to and from Moonbeam.
XCM Connection Updates:
- Darwinia, a generalized light-client-based message delivery network, allows connected applications to communicate more efficiently via Darwinia’s Universal Cross-Chain Messaging Network. Learn More.
Ambassador of the Month
Let’s celebrate the outstanding contributions and talent from our ambassador community.
Vladimir, Senior Ambassador – Russian Community 🇷🇺
“When people ask me what to do in crypto, I always recommend trying an Ambassador Program. I’ve been a Moonbeam Ambassador for over a year, where I have had the opportunity to develop skills needed in the blockchain industry, like community building, good communication, and teamwork. I’m proud to be part of a global team and community that has played a vital role in Moonbeam’s strong efforts to build a multi-chain future. The PureStake team and Ambassadors are ready to support new ambassadors on every idea and initiative!”
I’m honored to be part of the Moonbeam Ambassador program and contribute to the growth of a project that is unlocking the multi-chain future.”
Join the Moonbeam Ambassador program and build the multi-chain future with us!
📲Trends & Media
Here’s where you’ll find us speaking and demonstrating Moonbeam.
Nov 10 – 11 | Virtual Conference: Illuminate/22 by Moonbeam
Explore the latest Web3 multi-chain trends from global blockchain industry leaders and top developers in the space. Register Now →
- Nov 4 | The Illuminate Rundown – A Sneak Peek into the Celebration
- Nov 15 | Moonbeam Universe presents Moonbeam Ignite: Refueling the Moonbeam DeFi Ecosystem
- Nov 23 | Moonbeam Universe <> ChainlinkUnveil True Interoperability with Connected Contracts in Moonbeam
- Nov 28-29 | Lisbon 🇵🇹 | Sub0, the Polkadot Developer Conference
🎬 Past Sessions:
Tech Talks & Workshops:
- BobaBeam, everything you need to know about Moonbeam’s Layer 2
- Unlock True Interoperability with Connected Contracts on Moonbeam
- Moonbeam Universe: Meet the Zircon Finance Team!
- Moonbuilders Community Call With Boba
Subscribe to This Newsletter
– Moonbeam Team