Summer has fired up the Moonbeam ecosystem with new exciting cross-chain integrations, network updates, and a new community-driven ecosystem grants process. This September, Moonbeam continues paving the way to unlock true interoperability with cross-chain connected contracts. ?
? Top News
The Moonbeam community voted in favor of a new community-driven process for issuing grants on the Moonbeam Network. This new initiative allows the Moonbeam community to submit applications and proposals for grant funding, discuss these proposals, and — for the most sizable grants — vote on them.
- Active Grants Discussions on Polkassembly:
- Active Ecosystem Grants Proposals in Referenda
Tether (USDT), a popular stablecoin pegged to the US Dollar, has expanded to Polkadot by launching as a natively minted stablecoin on Statemint, Polkadot’s “common good” parachain. Now USDT tokens can be used on Moonbeam as an XC-20, the same way DOT and other cross-chain assets can move across the Polkadot ecosystem.
Wormhole, a decentralized message passing protocol, has integrated with Moonbeam. The collaboration between Wormhole and Moonbeam gives way to the message passing of assets and functionalities between Moonbeam and Ethereum, Solana, and more.
? Ecosystem Spotlight
The Moonbeam and Moonriver ecosystem continues to grow with over 270+ live integrations in the Moonbeam and Moonriver networks! Let’s take a look at recent updates
- Raresama, a community-centric NFT marketplace on Polkadot and Moonbeam, has recently launched on Moonbeam.
- Cask is a decentralized non-custodial protocol for automating money flows. The recent integration enables DApps, NFT projects, and communities on Moonbeam to start accepting recurring crypto payments and contributions. Get started here.
- Canary Network Agency, the newest GameFi protocol, has just hit the Moonbeam Ecosystem. Enter the world of programmatically generated secret agents fighting on the Moonbeam Network.
?️ Ecosystem Projects News:
Chainlink SCALE (Sustainable Chainlink Access for Layer 1 and 2 Enablement) is a program that aims to accelerate the growth of blockchain and layer-2 ecosystems while increasing economic sustainability. Moonbeam and Moonriver, next to other chains like Avalanche and Metis, are supporting the program by covering certain oracle network operating costs and furthering R&D that helps unlock more advanced oracle features and solutions on their chains.
The Wormhole Chains series presents new chains added to the Wormhole Network. One of their most recent episodes highlights the Moonbeam Network.
⛓️ New Cross-Chain Integrations
- Omnisea’s NFT Launchpad is now live on Moonbeam. This enables cross-chain minting between the Moonbeam blockchain and other networks supported by LayerZero and Axelar!
- Astar, the Future of Smart Contracts on Multi-Chain, has connected with Moonbeam enabling ASTR to be deposited as xcASTR and used across the Moonbeam Ecosystem.
Ambassador of the Month
Let’s celebrate the outstanding contributions and talent from our ambassador community.
Julia, Senior Ambassador – CIS Region ??
“I’ve been a Moonbeam Ambassador for over a year, supporting the growth of the CIS region. In the Moonbeam Ambassador Program, I have acquired many community management skills that will be helpful in my career in Web3. I’m proud of being part of the Moonbeam project and supporting its growth by creating educational activities for the CIS Moonbeam community. For me, Moonbeam is more than a project and community. Moonbeam is a big family.”
I’m honored to be part of the Moonbeam Ambassador program and contribute to the growth of a project that is unlocking the multi-chain future.”
Join the Moonbeam Ambassador program and build the multi-chain future with us!
?Trends & Media
Financial Express | Zircon Finance unveils mainnet framework to address challenges around DeFi
Here’s where you’ll find us speaking and demonstrating Moonbeam.
? Highlighted Events
Illuminate 2022 by Moonbeam
Illuminate/22 brings together the Moonbeam community and larger ecosystem for an online festival to celebrate the incredible projects building multi-chain applications on Moonbeam and Moonriver. More information is coming soon. In the meantime, subscribe to the newsletter to receive the latest Moonbeam updates.
Join Polkadot’s first hackathon in Latin America. Build cross-chain applications with Moonbeam and get a chance to earn up to $6,000 in bounties.
- Oct 05 | Moonbuilders Monthly Community Call
- Oct 13 | Multi-Chain Sessions <> Axelar
- Oct 18 | Unveil True Interoperability with Connected Contracts in Moonbeam
- Oct 26| Moonbuilders Workshop <> BobaBeam Moonbeam’s Layer 2
- Oct 7 – 9 | Bogotá, Colombia ?? | ETHBogota
- Nov 28-29 | Lisbon ?? | Sub0, the Polkadot Developer Conference
? Past Sessions:
Tech Talks & Workshops:
- Interoperable Smart Contracts with Moonbeam at Chainlink SmartCon
- Build on top of LI.FI’s Tech Stack and SDK
Subscribe to This Newsletter
– Moonbeam Team