Delegates play a pivotal role in decentralized governance, shaping the future of networks through their entrusted voting power. By becoming a delegate, you can represent the interests and values of token holders in the decision-making process.
Delegates are empowered to actively participate and make informed decisions that influence the trajectory of the network. With the ability to amplify their impact through increased voting power, delegates play a crucial role in ensuring inclusive governance, promoting increased participation, leveraging expertise, and driving well-rounded decision-making.
There are several ways to participate, including using the Moonbeam dashboard powered by Karma. Delegates using Karma can choose to complete additional transparency requirements to become Moonbeam Community Delegates. Discover the power of becoming a delegate and contribute to the evolution of decentralized systems.
Moonbeam Community Delegate Role
Being a delegate provides a unique opportunity to advocate for a particular group within the community. As a delegate, you can represent and amplify the voices of those who share common interests, concerns, or values. By actively participating in the decision-making process, you can ensure that the needs and perspectives of your chosen group are considered. Delegates can be selected to vote for governance on Moonbeam and/or Moonriver.
Your role as an advocate allows you to bring attention to specific issues, propose initiatives that address their concerns, and champion their cause within the broader community. Being a Moonbeam Community Delegate empowers you to make a meaningful impact and advocate for positive change that directly benefits the group you represent with additional transparency.
Why Become a Community Delegate
In OpenGov, anyone can delegate their vote independently. A Community Delegate refers to someone registered using the Moonbeam dashboard to leverage its capabilities that has completed the additional verification steps. Serving as a Community Delegate can elevate your reputation and influence within the ecosystem, providing opportunities for collaboration and personal growth. Community Delegates agree to a level of transparency outlined below and abide by the Community Delegate Guidelines.
Being a community delegate offers numerous benefits, including:
- Enhancing your role and influence within the community
- Provide networking opportunities
- Enabling advocacy for specific stakeholders
- Granting early access to information and updates
- Unlocking potential business development prospects.
The top three reasons to become a delegate, according to the Moonbeam Delegation Survey were to influence the network (49%), gain prestige (35%), and potentially increase stake in a collator (33%). Read more survey results here.
By becoming a Community Delegate, individuals can make a meaningful difference, collaborate with influential members of the ecosystem, and contribute to the growth and success of the network. To learn more about these opportunities, read more.
How to Become a Moonbeam Community Delegate
Are you interested in becoming a Community Delegate and actively participating in the Moonbeam community? Here’s how to get involved.
- Visit the Moonbeam platform: Go to the Moonbeam Delegation Dashboard and click on the Login button located in the top right corner of the page. Log in through your wallet to access the delegate features.
- Create a pitch: Once you’re logged in, take the opportunity to create a pitch. This is where you can explain your motivations for becoming a delegate. Share your ideas, vision, and what you plan to contribute to the community.
- Verify your social handles: As a Moonbeam Community Delegate, it’s important to enhance trust and credibility within the community. Verify your social handles and connect them to your Karma profile. This process confirms your identity across various Web2 and Web3 platforms.
- Indexing and surfacing of stats: After completing the previous steps, Moonbeam’s dashboard will start indexing your data and surfacing relevant statistics within approximately one day. This helps showcase your engagement and contributions to the community.
Moonbeam Community Delegates are required to:
- Fill out bio (key info, philosophy, qualifications, conflict of interest, etc.)
- Choose at least 1 track and interest.
- Link to their Moonbeam Community Forum profile.
- Provide a link to a personal website, social media profiles, or any other relevant online presence.
- Create a forum thread in the Delegation category in the forum (an example will be provided).
- Agree to the Delegate Code of Conduct
View the guidelines and code of conduct on the Moonbeam Community Forum.
It’s important to note the distinction between delegates and Community Delegates. While anyone can become a delegate, Community Delegates are verified Moonbeam community members who commit to following the Code of Conduct proposed by the community. The verification process promotes trust, transparency, and reliability in your role within the governance processes. Becoming a Community Delegate makes you a recognized and trusted member of the Moonbeam community.
By embracing this role, you contribute to inclusive decision-making processes, foster collaboration, and promote the ecosystem’s growth. Whether it’s advocating for a specific group or seizing business development opportunities, being a community delegate allows you to make a lasting impact on the decentralized landscape. Join the ranks of community delegates and embark on a journey of empowerment, collaboration, and meaningful change in decentralized governance.