As you may know, Bobabeam was Boba Network’s Layer 2 scaling solution on Moonbeam. Bobabeam was the first layer two network in the Dotsama ecosystem, and we’re grateful to the Boba Foundation for their hard work and collaboration in this effort. Importantly, Bobabeam is being wound down and will no longer be available as of May 25th, 2023. If you have funds on Bobabeam you’ll need to bridge those funds back to the Moonbeam network by May 15th, 2023 to avoid loss of funds.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to bridge funds from Bobabeam back to Moonbeam.
Check for Funds on Bobabeam
To get started, head to gateway.bobabeam.boba.network and connect your wallet.
Choose the wallet you want to connect with. Then, select the desired account(s) you’d like to connect to Bobabeam Gateway and confirm the prompt to switch to the Bobabeam network in your wallet.
After switching to the Bobabeam network, press Select Token and any tokens owned by the connected account on the Bobabeam network will be displayed. In this particular example, the connected account owns 1 GLMR and 10.56 BOBA on the Bobabeam network. If you don’t have any tokens on Bobabeam, the asset list will display corresponding balances of 0.
In order to check additional accounts for funds on the Bobabeam network, you can switch accounts in your wallet and refresh the page.
Alternatively, you can use the Bobabeam block explorer to search for your account. After entering your address in the search bar, head to the Tokens tab to determine whether that account has any assets remaining on Bobabeam.
Cross-Chain Transfer Fee on Bobabeam
In order to bridge funds back to Moonbeam, you need to have a balance of at least 10 BOBA on Bobabeam to pay the cross-chain transfer fee. It’s recommended that you have slightly more to cover any gas costs on Bobabeam (although you can use either BOBA or GLMR to pay for gas).
If you don’t have a balance of more than 10 BOBA on Bobabeam, you can perform a swap on a DEX on Moonbeam, such as StellaSwap. The contract address of BOBA on Moonbeam is: 0x18D17A9fD652D7d6a59903E23792ab97F832Ed6C.
If you have acquired BOBA tokens on Moonbeam, you can bridge them to Bobabeam by taking the following steps on Bobabeam Gateway:
- Select Moonbeam as the From Chain. If your wallet is not currently connected to Moonbeam you’ll be prompted to switch networks in your wallet.
- Select Bobabeam as the To Chain.
- Press Select Token and click on the BOBA token in the asset list. Then enter the amount of BOBA token that you would like to bridge to Bobabeam. Although making a transfer from Bobabeam to Moonbeam costs 10 BOBA, it’s advisable to have slightly more on hand to pay for gas fees.
- Press Bridge and confirm the token spend approval in your wallet. Do not select the Third Party bridge option.
- Confirm the bridge transaction in your wallet. Your funds will arrive on Bobabeam within a minute or two.
Bridge Funds From Bobabeam Back to Moonbeam
It’s easy to bridge assets back to Moonbeam. To do so, take the following steps on Bobabeam Gateway:
- Select Bobabeam as the From Chain. If your wallet is not currently connected to Bobabeam you’ll be prompted to switch networks in your wallet.
- Select Moonbeam as the To Chain.
- Press Select Token and click on the asset in the list that you’d like to bridge to Moonbeam.
- Press Use All to bridge your full balance of the corresponding token.
- Confirm the bridge transaction in your wallet. Your funds will arrive on Moonbeam in 7 days. Your funds will automatically be available on the Moonbeam network after this 7-day period – there is no claim step or any further action required.
Check the Status of a Pending Withdrawal
If you’d like to see when your funds will be available on the Moonbeam network after bridging from Bobabeam, you will find this information by clicking on the History tab at the top. Then click on Pending. Here you’ll find the estimated arrival time for any bridge transfers that you’ve initiated.
As a reminder, if you have any funds that you’ve bridged to Bobabeam, you’ll need to bridge them back to Moonbeam by May 15th, 2023 to avoid loss of funds. The Moonbeam team is available to answer any questions in the Moonbeam Discord.