It was another action-packed month for both networks: Moonbeam marked its first anniversary as a live network, Moonriver snagged another slot on Kusama, and lots more. Let’s dive in.
? FINAL DAYS TO APPLY FOR THE ACCELERATOR
Reminder: submit your application by Sunday, February 19 to be considered for the new accelerator program run by Rokk3r. This is a great opportunity for tech teams to get support on marketing, business development, fundraising, and more. Funding options are available to accepted teams. Apply Here!
? Top News
- It’s been a whole year since Moonbeam was fully launched. To mark the occasion, take a look back at some of the milestones that Moonbeam reached, powered by continued protocol development, the introduction of connected contracts, and the growth of the vibrant community. Watch the replay of the one-year celebration event!
- Moonriver gets a new parachain slot on Kusama. The Moonbeam Foundation successfully secured a new parachain slot for Moonriver, allowing it to continue operating as a parachain without interruption through the end of the year.
- Vote passes to bring OpenGov to Moonriver. The latest runtime upgrade (2100) brings Polkadot’s new governance structure to Moonriver for the first time and was approved by the community. Read more about OpenGov generally and review the discussion around how to implement OpenGov on Moonbeam/Moonriver!
- 2023: the year of cross-chain interoperability? As Moonbeam continues to progress in its cross-chain capabilities, PureStake CEO Derek Yoo took the opportunity to reflect on the greater impacts of this technology in his recent op-ed in The Defiant. Read “How Cross-Chain Messaging Can Blow Open Interoperability.”
- The annual Electric Capital Developer Report was released! Both Moonbeam and Polkadot ranked among the top ecosystems for developer growth, with Polkadot at #2 for total monthly active devs and Moonbeam seeing almost 300 total developers join the ecosystem in its first year, according to GitHub repository data.
- The Illuminate Hackathon has wrapped up and the winners have been announced, bringing an end to the biggest Moonbeam hackathon to date. Thank you to all participants for the amazing work and to sponsors Axelar, Wormhole, Hyperlane, and LayerZero for making everything possible.
- Moonbeam Universe is back, but in a new format! Join this month’s roundtable discussion on “The Cross-Chain DeFi Revolution” on February 16th.
? Ecosystem Spotlight
The Moonbeam and Moonriver ecosystem continues to grow with 300+ live integrations in the Moonbeam and Moonriver networks! Let’s take a look at recent updates
AirLyft is live on Moonbeam, bringing decentralized Web3 marketing services for growing and educating communities, including on-chain automated contests, & off-chain social campaigns.
Automata’s 1RPC hit a major milestone of 18 million relays protected on Moonbeam and continues to provide its free + private RPC relay services to users on the network.
Bit Hotel launched a Moonbeam Clubhouse as part of the Bit Hotel NFT gaming metaverse. With the Beta Key provided, users can spend time in the arcade area + look for the easter eggs!
DeFiYield integrated with Moonbeam and Moonriver, bringing its cross-chain asset management services & security toolkit to the network.
FiDi, the multi-chain portfolio tracker, launched a new advanced staking analytics feature for staking on Moonbeam, including tracking delegations with collators on the network.
Meson, the protocol for cross-chain stablecoin swaps, now supports Moonbeam and enables stableswaps for xcUSDT.
Unmarshal adds support for Moonbeam, allowing users to query on-chain data + take advantage of its different tech features through a variety of endpoints via its multi-chain data services.
USDT withdrawals from Moonbeam to Statemint are now available within the Moonbeam DApp. This comes after USDT deposits were first made available earlier this year.
XP Network is a multi-chain NFT bridge connecting EVM & non-EVM blockchains, now supporting Moonbeam!
Let’s celebrate the outstanding contributions and talent from our ambassador community.
Ambassador of the Month: Jay – United States
“The Ambassadors Program has been an amazing journey of learning and collaboration. I am proud of the contributions made as a team on the Moonbeam Community YouTube Channel and weekly recap. My recommendation to community members and future Moonbeam ambassadors is simple: if you have ever thought about getting involved, don’t hesitate. The blockchain space is open and filled with talented, knowledgeable people who are eager to help and guide you on your journey. Embrace the opportunity to learn and grow, and who knows where it will take you in the exciting world of Web3.”
Join the Moonbeam Ambassador program and build the multi-chain future with us! → Apply to be an ambassador!
? Highlighted Events
Here’s where you’ll find us speaking and demonstrating Moonbeam.
February 16: The Cross-Chain DeFi Revolution (An Industry Roundtable)
In this revamped session of Moonbeam Universe, ecosystem team members will host a lively discussion on the impact of cross-chain technology on the DeFi space. Contributors from DAM Finance, StellaSwap, DIA Data, and Moonwell will weigh in. Register for the session, occurring next Thursday.
Let’s Talk OpenGov
In this third installment of Community Voice, Lina from the Moonbeam Foundation hosted a roundtable with community members from PureStake, Parity, and the ambassador program. Give it a listen to hear some perspectives on how OpenGov could change the way community governance works on Moonbeam and Moonriver. Watch the roundtable recording on YouTube.
While you’re diving into governance, check out this new tutorial that walks you through how to vote on Snapshot proposals on Moonbeam and Moonriver.